Sunday, July 7, 2013

Anything Goes

A long spell between drinks, I have missed the last couple of Simon Says Stamp Challenges. But thought I would have a go at this one. It is an "Anything Goes" Challenge. So I just looked through a few Die cuts that I had lying around and went with it. One of my most favourite Tim Holtz dies Is the Bigz - Caged Bird Die.
 I coloured it with various distress inks and Metallic/distress stain, all Tim's. I then embossed some green cardstock with a Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Embossing Reversible Embossing Folder - Butterfly Kisses. and lightley brushed over the raised areas with Forest Moss - Distress Ink. I rounded the corners using the We R Memory Keepers Corner Rounder, then brushed the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink

I attached the cage to the cardstock with foam squares after threading green fringed thread through the bottom holes. I bowed the cage to give it a more 3D look and threaded the bird through the bars attaching the wing to the outside. I used a stamped metal brad from Graphic 45 and attached some gold/yellow gemstones from Delish to the middle bar of the cage.

I have some 12 X 12 vellum quotes that I have had forever, and cut out one of the quotes which I again edged with Forest Moss & Gathered Twigs and attached it behind the cage with vellum adhesive. the quote reads "I Imagine - therefore I belong and am free" I attached some small flowers and a leaf to the bottom corner of the cage, attached a wish ticket from Tim's Adage Tickets with a a mini paper clip from Tims Ideology collection. I edged the Birds wing, the flowers and the leaf with Rock Candy Stickles and placed a pearl in the center of each flower. For a bit of fun, I finished off with a googly eye for the bird.



Hope you like it. Please leave a comment I'd love to hear from you.
Post a Comment