Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes

I really enjoyed this challenge from Simon Says Stamp. I also just happened to have a paper pad from Authentique and bottle caps from  Bottle Cap Inc.

The card stock I used is an old favourite of mine, I don't know the brand. It was purchased from a art supply shop in my home town, Victoria (Australia) that supplies to Kindergartens and preschools it is called Linen, and has a beautiful texture.

I embossed some scrap white card stock I had lying around with the Sugar & Starry Night Embossing folder set from Sizzix & Basic Grey and Coloured it using Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Broken China. coloured another piece of white card stock with Broken China ,Scattered Straw & Mustard Seed Distress Inks. I then Die Cut it using Tim's Styled Labels - Movers & Shapers Die and spread some Kiwi Perfect Pearls lightly around the edges.




Using various papers from the Authentique Delightful 6 X 6 paper pad I firstly stamped Hero Arts  Tall Flowers Cling Stamp onto a plain yellow paper and embossed with White embossing powder. I didn't use the flower Stalks, just the flower heads. I rounded the corners using the We R Memory Corner Rounder
I mounted it onto the Die Cut, after distressing both pieces with some Mustard Seed and Broken China Distress Inks.

I cut various strips of paper, cut banner corners on the thin strips, and distressed with Broken China.
I mounted this onto the front of the card using Stix 2 Anything Foam Mounts

I die cut some leaves from Tender Leaves by Memory Box and inked them with Broken China. 
I stamped some more flower heads from the Tall Flowers Cling Stamp, using Hero Arts Butter Bar Mid Tone Ink Then fussy cut some flower heads and leaves. I place one inside a Bottle Cap and filled it with Ranger Glossy Accents



I stamped the "You Make Me Smile" greeting using SimonSaysStamp - You stamp set. I die cut some small hearts using SimonSaysStamp - Holiday Shapes steelcraft die. Coloured them with Broken China and coated them with Glossy Accents. To finish off I randomly scattered some Kaisercraft pearls 

The finished card. I am very pleased with the way it turned out.



Thanks for stopping by, I would love you to leave a comment.
Post a Comment