Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Simon Says ... Take a picture Challenge

Well this looked like a fun challenge, I am trying for something clean and simple, but I think I am failing miserably LOL.

This first card used so many stamp sets and inks yet it doesn't show I used three different SimonSaysStamp exclusives, with Flower Friend being the most prominent. I used a sentiment from the Music to My Ears Set and different elements from the Happy Every Day set  I also used the bird from the Hero Arts/Studio Calico - My Happy stamp set and the lady birds and butterfly from a magazine freebie Sunshine Meadows by Country Companions.



The main stamp is a House Mouse stamp Say Cheese - Maxwell which was released in 2003 and I have only been able to find it on eBay. It doesn't even appear on the official Mouse-Mouse site.

The inks are mainly Hero Arts Shadow Inks - Pale Tomato, Soft Pool & Soft GraniteHero Hues Black Dye Ink, Hero Arts/Memories Unicorn Pigment Ink and Ranger Adirondack Red Pepper



I coloured the images with Derwent Artist and Derwent Inktense Pencils, a Tombow Marvy Marker in grey and Tim Holtz Distress Markers



I Highlighted the Mouse, lady bugs and butterfly with Glossy Accents and the main flower with White enamel accents.


My second card uses the same House mouse stamp, coloured with Marvy Markers. I also Used a brayer for background with Adirondack woodlands ink pad, which I am not sure you can still get. I used a Tim Holtz Tattered Banner Die and a sentiment that I have had for so long I don't even know where it came from. I used Old Paper Distress Ink to colour it



The main picture is one of my photos. It was taken on the Murray River which is on the border between Victoria and NSW - Australia. Many a fabulous time has been spent sitting on the banks of this river. Once upon a time Paddle Steamers journeyed along this river, they are now just a tourist attraction, although some are slowly being restored to their former glory.





A close up of the Mouse and camera





The two cards together.


Post a Comment